Here is a short list of features that are currently in PNOB (as of 0.1):
- Stores data in the popular MySQL database.
- Allows for an easily-managed news or weblog system that can be private, public, single-user, or multi-user.
- Automatically-generated headlines file, which can be easily incorporated into any site.
- Easy-to-use user authentication which offers a cookie-based "remember me" option.
- Several user-levels to allow for different permissions.
- Many builtin color themes and output formats.
- Robust system for creating custom color themes and formats.
- Can stand alone or be embedded into an existing page.
- Many configurable settings for the Output, some of which include:
Here is a list of features that will be seen as early as 0.2-RC1:
- 12-hour vs 24-hour clock format.
- Timezone correction (for users who have a remote server in a different timezone).
- Private or public weblog/news system option (require login option for viewing output).
- Anonymous posting option.
- Many more, not listed here.
- A full comment system, allowing the admin to select whether anonymous replies are allowed or if the user must have a valid login to reply.
- A full search feature.
- A spell-check based on aspell.
- Move settings to the MySQL database instead of storing them locally in a file.